London From America Advice

When you’re moving to London from America, there is a lot of excitement, adventure, and, unfortunately, paperwork. There are a couple of admin issues that you should get done as soon as possible to ensure that you’re settled as quickly as possible and can get out and enjoy your new city and home. Contact us to learn more about london flat rental

Moving to London from America Checklist

Just as soon as you have found your perfect new London rental, you need to make sure that you contact the local council to register you at that address; not only will it help for future financial dealings, like opening bank accounts, but will also help you at your local doctor and on the National Health Service in an emergency. You will have to pay council tax after moving to London from America and they will need an address to send the bills to.

After Moving to London From America

Choosing a local doctor is quite important after moving from America. You’ll have to register as a local surgeon to be provided with health care. Most doctors don’t take walk-in patients, so getting registered means that you can see your doctor whenever you need to instead of going to a public health clinic.

Small items need to be sorted out when you’re moving from America. Getting your utilities turned on may seem a trivial aspect of your big move, but you need to prepare for it.  You don’t have to go with the first power services provider in your area. There are a number of excellent power utility companies that provide very competitive rates and services. There are nearly 20 companies providing electricity and gas across England. UK Power Networks and NPower are two electricity and gas providers.

You’ll have to get a TV license after moving from America, remember that your televisions license is registered to your address, not you as a person, so if you move home, you have to change your address details with the BBC licensing department. You can do all of the paperwork to apply for a television license as well as renew your license and change your flat address online at the BBC licensing website and they will post your license card to your new address.

You don’t have to feel overwhelmed when you’re moving to London from America; you can get professional and expert help from a UK-based relocation company to take care of the details so you can enjoy the experience.

You May Also Like

blog image London Relocation
By London Relocation Team | 23 Feb 2024 | Families Moving to London
blog image London Relocation
By London Relocation Team | 23 Feb 2024 | Americans Moving to London
blog image London Relocation
By London Relocation Team | 23 Feb 2024 | London Food & Beverage