When you are living in London you have to pay a visit to Greenwich. Not only is it an important historical site, it is a great day out along the river, and a fascinating look into time itself. The area is probably most famous for its connection to the navy and to maritime history in England. The town was originally a Royal palace, and many famous royals were born there, including Henry VIII and Elizabeth I. A number of noble homes were constructed along the river bank and it became a popular destination for the nobility during the 17th century.
Previously on the London Blog
- Bring Home The Holiday Spirit With These Fabulous Christmas Decoration Trends
- Let The Feast Begin: The Top 6 Places To Grab A Bite In London On Christmas
- Watch Out Americans Because The British Work Style Will Blow Your Mind!
- All You Need To Know About The Sharing Economy Of London
- 7 Peculiar Yet Merry Things To Do On Your Night Out In London