While some people avoid ports and harbours as a place to stay, when you are living in London some of the most exclusive London apartments are found in the docklands. The Docklands are situated in the east of London and include a mixture of small towns and boroughs such as Tower Hamlets, Southwark, Greenwich and Newham. The existing port has been considered to be one of the largest in the world. With the ever-changing landscape of London, the Docklands are also being transformed into a residential and commercial area. The name Docklands was first used when the government plans were being finalised in 1971 and subsequently Londoners have taken up the name in their daily use.
Previously on the London Blog
- Bring Home The Holiday Spirit With These Fabulous Christmas Decoration Trends
- Let The Feast Begin: The Top 6 Places To Grab A Bite In London On Christmas
- Watch Out Americans Because The British Work Style Will Blow Your Mind!
- All You Need To Know About The Sharing Economy Of London
- 7 Peculiar Yet Merry Things To Do On Your Night Out In London