When you are living in London you will find that people are divided into two camps. Those that are slightly disparaging about the concept of British cuisine and those that are proud of their traditional English food. One of the major issues seems to be the idea that Britain has no national dish! Part of this is because London, in particular. Is a transient city and England itself has always welcomed immigrants and foreigners to their shores. This has created something of a cultural melting pot, and this has spread across into the culinary field as well. So as soon as you are settled into your new London rental, you should spend some time sampling what are considered to be traditional English meals and foods.
Previously on the London Blog
- Most Remarkable Schools in London For American Expats
- The Smoke’s Getting Cheaper? The Actual Cost Of Living In London (February 2019)
- DeGale VS Eubank Jr, A Tribute To Johnny Cash, And The Craft Beer Uprising: Best Things To Do In London This Week
- Classic Cars, Horror Shows, And Rom-Coms: Quirky St. Valentine’s Day Date Spots In London
- 5 Uncanny Places To Learn About Gay History During LGBTQ Month In London