Americans moving to London often ask London relocation agents what Boxing Day is all about considering the US does not observe the holiday. Whereas the origin of the day is a little murky the day has been a British traditional holiday since the mid nineteenth century. Boxing Day, December 26th, is also the Feast of St. Stephen which many consider to be the origin of the holiday although today it is considered a secular holiday.
Previously on the London Blog
- Which Property Types To Go For When Moving To London?
- Best Areas Of London To Become A Perfect Home For A Young Gay Couple
- Everything You Need To Know Before Moving To London From Sunny California
- 5 Areas Of North London That Are Oh-So-Perfect For A Family Nest
- Everything You Need To Know About The Pet Travel Scheme Appliance In The UK