Americans moving to London often ask London relocation agents what Boxing Day is all about considering the US does not observe the holiday. Whereas the origin of the day is a little murky the day has been a British traditional holiday since the mid nineteenth century. Boxing Day, December 26th, is also the Feast of St. Stephen which many consider to be the origin of the holiday although today it is considered a secular holiday.
Previously on the London Blog
- 5 Super Useful Languages In London You Should Learn By The End Of 2019
- 6 Hilarious Comedy Shows You Can’t Afford To Miss During Vault Festival 2019
- 5 Amazing Restaurants In London That Offer Delicious Deals In January
- 3 Lessons I’ve Learned From Spending New Year’s Eve All By Myself
- 12 Super Fun Things To Do On The Last Weekend Of 2018