If you’re moving to London or already living in London, one of the things you’ve probably heard of is England’s obsession with football (soccer as it’s known in the States). Just like in the US where you’ve got fans who are more than a little bit devoted to their NFL teams, hockey teams or basketball teams, here you’ve got County Cricket, Rugby and Football. Cricket and Rugby will be covered in later blogs for your edification, but for this one, we’ll be covering football (or as it’s known here, ‘footie’). Soccer has become pretty popular in America of late, so it’s safe to say that most people are already aware of what is one of the most popular sports on the planet, if not the most popular hands down.
Previously on the London Blog
- Most Remarkable Schools in London For American Expats
- The Smoke’s Getting Cheaper? The Actual Cost Of Living In London (February 2019)
- DeGale VS Eubank Jr, A Tribute To Johnny Cash, And The Craft Beer Uprising: Best Things To Do In London This Week
- Classic Cars, Horror Shows, And Rom-Coms: Quirky St. Valentine’s Day Date Spots In London
- 5 Uncanny Places To Learn About Gay History During LGBTQ Month In London