In my previous post, I addressed the difference between the cultures from a language perspective. When you have made your move to London and are settled into your new London apartment, you will have to start getting out and meeting new people. It might be tempting to stay ensconced within your own circle of expat friends, but you will be missing out on the rich experience of meeting new people and immersing yourself in a different culture. If you are determined to get out and enjoy your time in England, then you might want to be aware of some of the subtle difference in culture and style so that you are not shocked or feel out of place if someone asks you if you would like some more “spotted dick”. It’s a pudding not an STD!
Previously on the London Blog
- Long Distance Relationship Date Night Tips For St. Valentine’s That Work All Year Round
- Classic Cars, Horror Shows, And Rom-Coms: Quirky St. Valentine’s Day Date Spots In London
- 5 Uncanny Places To Learn About Gay History During LGBTQ Month In London
- 10 “Luck Magnet” Feng Shui Secrets For Your New Home In London
- A Gastro Tour Of London: Notting Hill