One of the most surprising elements of moving to London to American expats is adjusting to culture shock while living in London. Since the UK is our next of kin and we speak the same language many assume the transition will be easy, similar to a move across the country. In reality, England (and London) is a different country with different cultures and traditions. Americans often have difficulty adjusting to the subtle differences between the US and UK. Knowing that there will be an adjustment period one can take preemptive steps to combat the frustration and homesickness that will undoubtedly creep up when confronting culture shock.
Previously on the London Blog
- The Smoke’s Getting Cheaper? The Actual Cost Of Living In London (February 2019)
- DeGale VS Eubank Jr, A Tribute To Johnny Cash, And The Craft Beer Uprising: Best Things To Do In London This Week
- Classic Cars, Horror Shows, And Rom-Coms: Quirky St. Valentine’s Day Date Spots In London
- 5 Uncanny Places To Learn About Gay History During LGBTQ Month In London
- 10 “Luck Magnet” Feng Shui Secrets For Your New Home In London