One of the most surprising elements of moving to London to American expats is adjusting to culture shock while living in London. Since the UK is our next of kin and we speak the same language many assume the transition will be easy, similar to a move across the country. In reality, England (and London) is a different country with different cultures and traditions. Americans often have difficulty adjusting to the subtle differences between the US and UK. Knowing that there will be an adjustment period one can take preemptive steps to combat the frustration and homesickness that will undoubtedly creep up when confronting culture shock.
Previously on the London Blog
- 5 Super Useful Languages In London You Should Learn By The End Of 2019
- 6 Hilarious Comedy Shows You Can’t Afford To Miss During Vault Festival 2019
- 5 Amazing Restaurants In London That Offer Delicious Deals In January
- 3 Lessons I’ve Learned From Spending New Year’s Eve All By Myself
- 12 Super Fun Things To Do On The Last Weekend Of 2018