One of the biggest complaints from Americans moving to London is that they cannot understand what the locals are saying. To be fair to the British people there is more than one accent and sometimes British nationals even have a difficult time understanding each other! While the British accent is pretty easy to become accustomed, the Cockney accent is another story completely. Cockney is not just an accent; it is a language unto itself.
Previously on the London Blog
- The Smoke’s Getting Cheaper? The Actual Cost Of Living In London (February 2019)
- DeGale VS Eubank Jr, A Tribute To Johnny Cash, And The Craft Beer Uprising: Best Things To Do In London This Week
- Classic Cars, Horror Shows, And Rom-Coms: Quirky St. Valentine’s Day Date Spots In London
- 5 Uncanny Places To Learn About Gay History During LGBTQ Month In London
- 10 “Luck Magnet” Feng Shui Secrets For Your New Home In London