If you are moving to London, expect to pay a licence fee to watch public broadcasting on the TV. The BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) provides television programming, radio and internet services across England and uses the funds from licence fees to keep it in business. While other networks and media companies raise their revenues through advertising, the BBC differs in that it relies entirely on funds collected from licence fees.
Previously on the London Blog
- Watch Out Americans Because The British Work Style Will Blow Your Mind!
- All You Need To Know About The Sharing Economy Of London
- 7 Peculiar Yet Merry Things To Do On Your Night Out In London
- Top 7 #London Locations To Be The Gem Of Any Instagram Feed!
- How Does One Spend Less While Living In London Without Sacrificing The Lifestyle?