Moving to London these days is unfortunately becoming a greater and greater challenge as many interested in an international relocation to London vie for a UK visa. Our London Relocation company services will help you find your perfect London apartment rental and get settled in once you do move over here, but to sort out your visa situation, you’ll need to consult the services of the UK Home Office.

I’ve blogged before about the different tiers of UK visas one can obtain for moving to London for a job or studying abroad, and today my focus is on another avenue: the UK ancestry visa.

Obviously, not just anyone is able to apply for this type of UK visa, but to determine if you qualify, this is what the UK Border Agency requires:

  • you are a Commonwealth citizen
  • you are aged 17 or over
  • you have a grandparent who was born in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
  • you have a grandparent who was born in what is now the Republic of Ireland before 31 March 1922
  • you are able to work and intend to do so in the UK, and
  • you can support yourself and any dependants without needing any help from public funds.

Relevant website explaining the UK ancestry visa:

And the following link for Gordon Dadds, a company working in conjunction with the UK Border Agency, can guide you to the applicable local offices/call centers/email services in your home country where you can enquire further about UK visas, ancestry or otherwise:

Remember, a relocation can only happen if you’ve got the necessary documentation, so once you know you’ll be an official UK resident, give our Relocation agents a call to find your official UK residence. 🙂

You May Also Like

By London Relocation | 14 Aug 2020 | ABOUT THE RELOCATION PROCESS
By London Relocation | 31 Jan 2020 | Tips for First-Time Relocatees
By London Relocation | 16 Jan 2020 | The London Blog