Landing one of your dream jobs in London is just the start of your international relocation, and the next few months of your life are going to be the busiest of your life. There is so much to think about, plan for, and do when you are preparing for your relocation to London, that it might seem daunting at times. This is not just a vacation with a couple of suitcases; it’s an entirely new way of life in a foreign country.
Getting professional help from one of the London relocation services that has experience in Americans is going to be the fastest, easiest and least stressful way of moving to London.
What the top relocation agents say about an international relocation:
· You don’t need to bring as many clothes as you think you do. Your entire wardrobe is too much to bring wit you when you’re moving here. People are not that concerned with what you’re wearing.
· Try and pack your personal items, like photographs and ornaments instead. London is going to be your home for a couple of years at least, and having a few of your favorite things around you in your new apartment will go a long way to making you feel at home.
· Bring a few USA to UK plug adapters with you for any electronic items that you want to use. Computers and other electronic equipment are a lot more expensive in the UK than in the States so you may want to consider shipping your PC over.
· Appliances on the other hand, are quite cheap. Don’t bother shipping a gargantuan American style double-door fridge when you are relocating. You’ll never fit it into your new kitchen!
· Pack some linen in your suitcase. Your relocation agents will have you moved into your new home faster than your boxes. Having a set of comfy bed linens will make your first night in your new home a lot more settling.
The best thing that you can do when you’re starting to plan your relocation is to make a list of your requirements, and let a professional international relocation company handle the details. You can then focus on enjoying your Relocation UK experience.