Relocation to London packing tips could save you time and many dollars if you do it right. When you are contemplating your relocation to London, you may think that you can’t live without any of your possessions. The fact of the matter is that unless you have an unlimited budget in terms of shipping and buying a house, you’re going to have to leave some things behind. The weight of your items, furniture and appliances is going to determine the cost of your international relocation.
Relocation To London Packing Guidelines
Ask your relocation services for the best advice on how to keep your moving costs to a minimum. Your relocation packing guidelines will ensure that you keep the weight and the cost of moving down.
- It cannot be stressed enough that apartments are much smaller than anything in the US or other countries. In fact, the rooms are smaller as a whole, and the doors are much narrower that standard doors in the US. It is almost a guarantee that you will not be able to fit a double door fridge into your new kitchen.
- Making your inventory will help you in the future. When you get to the UK and decide that you simply cannot live without something that you placed into storage, having an inventory on hand will help the person getting it and shipping it to you.
Relocation To London Packing Rules
There are several items that you may not bring into the UK. You may think that it’s the same all over the world, but be sure that you get a complete list form your relocation agents so your container is not stopped at the docks. Goods that are considered illegal are:
- Unlicensed drugs. It might sound obvious, but make sure that you have a written prescription for any medication you are bringing into the UK and carry your medication with you rather than shipping it.
- Weapons of any kind. Personal ownership of firearms is all but forbidden in the UK except for sport or hunting.
- Any pornographic material
- Any pirated goods. Yes. The illegal downloads are actually illegal!
- Meat, dairy and any other animal products.
Making sure you have a regulation container will ensure that your relocation to London packing is hassle free, and fast, leaving you more time to explore your new home.