Moving from one city to another has its own challenges, pros and cons. The process of moving to London from any other city from around the world is not different. The thought of moving to and staying in large metropolitan city like London calls for a complete set of information and tips on how to move and settle. This information can be sourced from friends and relatives who have already moved there and successfully started out. However, every London move is a completely different experience for different people. It is therefore important to read on and get the best and most important information and tips for your London relocation from professionals in this sector. If you are moving to London, here are some of the things you need to know.
- If you going to rent a flat in London, you will need the services of a credible estate and property agent. This is the easiest and most convenient method of looking for and getting a good housing unit for you and your family in London. You should know that you need to pay for a house deposit. What many foreign nationals do not know is that your landlord is required to place this deposit in a tenancy deposit scheme that is backed by the UK government.
- Moving to London from other cities, you will quickly realize that fully furnished rental flats are the most common. This is something good in that you will not need to move a lot of things and therefore likely to save on that. However, you will have to put up with being stuck with furniture types that may not necessarily capture your tastes for the same.
- Depending on where you come from, you may be surprised by the fact that Londoners do not like large fridges. This may be partly explained by the fact that most Londoners prefer eating out on many occasions. It may also be a space issue. You will therefore need to plan for frequent trips or orders for groceries.
- Many rental and residential premises have shared communal laundry places. If lucky, you can also get a washing machine placed in your rental building. However, for those moving from places like the US, they may need to devise ways of keeping without the dryer. Alternatively, you may need to invest in one to cope during the damp season in London.
- Although London is generally a safe city, for your security purposes, the police service have come up with an important crime map for you to look at and make decisions on where to live or visit before actually doing it. You should take a look and map off those crime-zones depending on your security needs.
- Unlike many cities in the world like the US, council tax (property tax) must be paid by everybody whether renting or owning the property. You should be sure to do this for your stay in London.
If you are planning to move to and looking for rent apartment in London, getting the best information and tips will go a long way to make this exercise a success. Get a good property or estate agent to help you on this.