If you’re seeking to make an international relocation to London, the first thing you’ll need to make it happen is your UK visa. Easier said than done, right? Yet the effort is not only worth it but imperative. Without your visa, you will not be permitted to live, work, or study in the United Kingdom, dashing any dreams of moving to London. And while our London Relocation agents can do a lot of the work for you in finding where to rent London apartments, negotiating rent and lease terms, referring you to utility service providers, and assisting with other aspects of settling in, the London Relocation company itself unfortunately can’t assist with your visa process—other than to answer general questions on which visa you likely need (Tier 2 is most common for professionals, Tier 4 for students), how to contact the UK Border Agency, etc.

So, do your research and keep patient with the time it may take. It’s also in your interest to inquire with service providers specializing in UK visa applications. If you simply Google the phrase “UK visa solicitors,” a number come up that you may be able to initially inquire with online and ask them to call or email you back. A few of such are listed below:


Contact a few solicitors and gauge which ones seem most responsive and helpful. Ask around for recommendations from friends or colleagues who have already made the move. If you’re relocating for a job transfer, your employer’s HR will likely automatically assist you in the process or designate a third party to do so. Otherwise, if you aren’t transferring but your employer does bring over employees from outside the UK, it’s worth asking HR what services they use to get UK visas for those expatriates’ jobs. It never hurts to ask, right? Especially when what’s on the line is your relocation to London—make it happen!

You May Also Like

By London Relocation | 14 Aug 2020 | ABOUT THE RELOCATION PROCESS
By London Relocation | 31 Jan 2020 | Tips for First-Time Relocatees
By London Relocation | 16 Jan 2020 | The London Blog